Monday, June 8, 2009

Drew Carey Quote

Oh, you hate your job? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.

So true.

My old company used to bank on morale to retain her employees, pretty much because other companies offer much higher pay and better benefits. The management team had to be in charge of helping keep their agents' sanities intact, and because of all the pressure from higher management and from their own teams, they had to find vent by making the term "work-life balance" actually mean something. I was part of a group that we used to fondly call "Skul Bukul", which basically met up once a week to exclusively criticize (even ridicule) the shit that stinks the most at the workplace, over akopol op beers.

There's none of that where I'm at now.

So now that my support group is gone, I suddenly felt the void and found its effect on me about two weeks ago while I was in front of the mirror--my first grey hair (and my parents' and grandparents' first grey hairs only appeared when they were in their sixties, and I'm only 27!).

I don't wanna wait for my first wrinkle to appear before I demand for intervention. Where did EVERYBODY go???

No comments: