Friday, October 31, 2008

Going Ice Queen hurts everytime

So I'm sitting there feeling slightly elated over the news that someone was possibly attracted to me.... when it hits me - I'm now possibly attracted to him because of his attraction to me. And then another thing hits me - I'm back to that very dangerous point where I just may be tempted to be idiotic and go beyond the "you may look but not touch" borders.
In the span of time that it takes for twenty-four frames to cross the screen, I crossed over to the bittersweet realization that I now had to retreat behind my jaded walls of not giving a rats ass over anyone. I had to go ice queen mode lest a harmless infatuation turn into another black hole of drunken nights wondering what the hell was wrong with me.
So there I was, now at the point where I had to say a mental goodbye to something that could have been, simply because it could not ever be. He was, after all, engaged.

No comments: